Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Game Report 4/8/2009

3 games of adult league basketball tonight. Typical "wreck league" warriors, trying to do what they used to be able to do 10 years ago, and when they can't they assume they were fouled. Who gets the flack from it? Me. Why? Because I'm always the younger and smaller one on the crew. Like tonight for instance...I'm the R for the game and my partner makes a shooting foul call that one team doesnt like. Despite the fact that my partner was the lead right in front of it and had a great angle on the play, they expect me to come in and overrule him. First of all, I would never do that to a partner unless it was egregious, never mind the fact that I would have had to see through 8 players to see the play. Sometimes players are just plain stupid...

Apart from that little situation above, tonight was fairly uneventful. No T's, or ejections makes for a good night's work. I was pleased with my foul selection and the way I interacted with the players. They respected me, so I respected them in return. My ankle was bothering me a tad, especially in the last game. Lots of turnovers in that game which means lots of sudden stops and direction changes. Maybe I need to look into some shoes with better ankle support? Or maybe tape it before work? I'll have to see how it holds up tomorrow.

More to come later...

No comments:

Post a Comment